Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wheel G7: Coppery Shimmers, for the Most Part

This episode of Nail wheel Wednesday features another brownish shimmer wheel, like F7 from a couple weeks back, but this is generally more warm-toned. It's also generally more brushstrokey, as it contains quite a number of polishes from the days when frost finishes were a thing, a popular thing.



1. Cover Girl Mattalic Bronze (2 coats) [nice finish on this one; wish Cover Girl would bring these back]
2. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Golden Flash (2)
3. Maybelline Express Finish Brassy (3) [oh hai, brushstrokes]
4. Maybelline Express Finish Matte Bronze (3) [not as nice a matte as the Cover Girl]
5. Revlon Copperglaze Platinum (3) [the tiny sparkles scattered throughout do not distract enough from the brushstrokes]
6. OPI Taupe-less Showgirls (3)
7. Orly Glam Rock (2) [gorgeous; I should pull this out and wear it while it's still fall, but I probably won't because I am too easily distracted]
8. Maybelline Express Finish Bronze Goddess (3)
9. China Glaze Poetic (2)
10. Revlon Street Wear Exposed (2)
11. Revlon ColorStay Fall Mood (2) [love the touches of silver in this one; they make it more interesting]
12. OPI DS Glow (2) [when I look past my "DS should mean holo" hangup, I can see that is one is quite pretty, with a mix of copper and silver shimmer and gold microflakies]
13. Sally Hansen Salon Bronze Ambition (2) [this says "brown" to me, not bronze, but "Brown Ambition" is not a great name]
14. Revlon Copper Penny (2) [quite similar to 11, with the silver touches, though this one leans a tad more metallic than shimmery]
15. OPI Pros & Bronze (3) [pretty mix of gold and rust, though seems like it'd look better with undies]
16. Color Club Wild & Willing (3)
17. Massini Fall Promo Shade (3) [feel this is a rebottle of 16; both have a rosy pink duochrome to them]
18. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Shiny Penny (2)
19. Oriflame Visions Mauve Silk (2) [mauve? no]
20. Urban Outfitters unlabelled (2)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:


















Destash notes for this one: The frostiest ones can go, though where I don't know, maybe to collectors who simply must have every polish of certain brand (3, 5, 6, 8 fall into this category for sure). 9 is a touch frosty but but opaque enough that it might stamp well (not that I do much stamping, but any time now I could start, right?) Same thing with 10, plus I have a soft spot for Street Wear as I remember the brand being some of my first "daring" polish purchases. 11 and 14 are similar enough I don't need both, and 11 wins for being a better bottle shape (smaller footprint in a Helmer drawer=better). Same with 16 and 17; 17 wins based on the bottle (and brand; Massini has sentimental value since it's no longer around, having turned into Studio M). 19 and 20 are close, too, but it's hard to pick one; UO is the more appealing bottle and Oriflame Visions is a more rare brand (at least in my stash). Usually rarity trumps bottle shape, but I'm leaning toward the UO because the swap I got the Oriflame in was one of the very few I did that left me feeling sort of disappointed. I'm pretty sure when I compare the keepers from this wheel to the keepers from similar ones that I'll be able to weed out even more. Someday.

7 comments:

  1. I need to wear DS Glow!

    These are lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adding that Orly Glam Rock to my wishlist. I would add the Cover Girl (#1), too, but I have a feeling that would be extremely hard to find... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection here. I do love CC Wild & Willing perfect iridescent shade :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an interesting wheel - and fun to see some olides :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1 and 7 are my picks, they have this 'something' :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.