Monday, August 26, 2013

OPI Couture de Minnie Collection

I shared Magazine Cover Mouse from OPI as part of Fall Texture Week last week, but there were four other colors in the Couture de Minnie collection which came out this past summer. As with the Liquid Sand, I didn't swatch the review bottles before I forwared them to my review partner Lucy but bought my own bottles later. It seemed only right to finally swatch them all. The full lineup is below: Magazine Cover Mouse, Minnie Style, Chic from Ears to Tail, A Definite Moust-have, and Innie Minnie Mightie Bow.



Last week I shared the Liquid Sand, Magazine Cover Mouse, on its own and with topcat, so I won't repeat that today. I will show it to you topped with Minnie Style, which is white and pink hex glitter in a clear base. I'm not exactly sure how many colors of pink glitter there are, as some seem to shift; they definitely range from the red end of the pink spectrum all the way to red violet.



Minnie Style was pretty well behaved for a chunky glitter. I didn't have any trouble getting the hexes out of the bottle and only a little bit of pushing was needed to distribute them around the surface of my nails. It didn't really need topcoat to smooth it out, so I skipped that step for these swatches.



Chic from Ears to Tail is a medium pink with an extremely subtle shimmer. In the bottle, I could catch pops of white and pink, but on the nail they were really hard to see. I used three coats to get full coverage.



It makes a nice base color for Minnie Style, as it's light enough to provide contrast for all the pink glitter colors but not so light that the white glitter blends in to the background.



I swatched the last two colors together as my attention was staring to wane—I can only take so much pink at one sitting). A Definite Moust-have is a warm reddish deep pink with subtle shimmer; I accented it with Innie Minnie Mightie Bow, which is red with a more pronounded shimmer. Both were two coats. I didn't use topcoat but looking at the photos, think maybe I should have to bring out the shimmer.



Of course I had to try Minnie Style over these as well.



They definitely stuck with the same pink and red and reddish pink theme as last year's Vintage Minnie Mouse collection. I'm still waiting for the black and white and red with an accent of yellow Minnie collection I have in my head. Maybe next year.


7 comments:

  1. i love the idea of a minnie collection but the last two so far have not really wowed me. yellow with black and white glitter would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing that glitter and I've nearly gotten it a few times. Still not sure.... I'd probably only wear it for Valentine's Day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this collection but skip it :) The colour are pretty but nothing i would consider unique enough to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Chic from Ears to Tail and Innie Minnie Mightie Bow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all of them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.