Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Displays

I am once again woefully behind in posting all the display photos I've been taking, and with all the spring collections coming out now there are a lot of them, so let's get right to it.

Revlon has the Naked Tips & Neon Lips display, with eight neutral skintone-y shades of Colorstay polish. The display says "limited edition" but the bottles say "new shade" so I've no idea if these will be incorporated into the core Colorstay line at some point or what. The bottles don't have any shade numbers on the caps, just the names. Left to right, colors are: Rose Beige, Natural Pink, Cool Beige, Mocha, Porcelain, Sandy Nude, Natural Tan, and Nude Beige. I spotted these at Walgreens first, but have since seen them at CVS.



Meijer is the only place so far that I've seen the other new offering from Revlon: Chroma Chameleon. I was surprised to see the square bottle shape on these; I can't recall Revlon ever doing a square bottle before. This Captivating Chrome display has eight shades of "color-shifting multi-chromes": Pink Quartz, Rose Gold, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Gold, Cobalt, Topaz, and Tanzanite.



Of course, Meijer is always the only place to see Studio M. Their latest display is called "Hop Into Spring's Hottest Colors" and has the usual mix of core colors, re-promotes, and certain or supected Color Club rebottles. Top row, left to right: Hydrangea Kiss (2 slots), Blushing Rose, Blue Ming (still as green as when CC came out with it), Covered in Diamonds, Sunny Side Up (2), Snow Flakes. Middle row: Tru Passion (2 slots), Frenzy (2), Spring Fling, Sweet Dreams, Coral Cascade, Age of Aquarius. Bottom row: Vintage Couture, Whose That Girl (sic, 2 slots), Punked, Neon Caution (2), Total Wow (2).



I've see the Studio M spring at most Meijers I've been to recently, but only some of them have this next display: Color Club Halo Hues. There are multiple slots for each of the colors: Harp on it (silver), Cloud Nine (warm purple), Halo-graphic (pink), Blue Heaven (blue), Cherubic (tan), and Angel Kiss (green).



Various new Sally Hansen displays are also showing up at some Meijer stores and not others, like the latest Complete Salon Manicure limited edition Designer Collection. Left to right: Angel Bite, First Kiss, Butterscotch, Hot Lava, Resurrection, Apparition, White Out, Dune, Soy Latte, and Green Tea (this last is a re-issue).



Also spotted at one Meijer: a New Shades display of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear. Four shades in five slots here: Super nova, Perky Pink, Coin Flip, and Breeze Blue (2 slots).



There are also new shades of Sally Hansen Insta Gel Strips: Total Knockout, Party Hose, An-im-al Mixed Up, Hooray Ombre, Deco-great, and SSS-Snakeyes.



Just when you may have though we were done with magnetic polishes, Sally Hansen has released some limited edition ones, with different deisgns than the wave magnet that all the ones in the core line have. Cosmic Blue has stripes. Slate Spark (green) and Purple Magnitude have a star. Pink Force and Atomic Alloy have fishnet. I saw this display at a CVS—only at one store so far.



It feels like it's been a while since we saw anything new from Wet 'n' Wild, so I was happy to spot a display from them at Walgreens. It's called Toppings and has spherical bottles with long handles, put top down in the display. There are six glitters here, and they very much remind me of the Be Jeweled colors from 2012. The Toppings are: Confections of a Bake-aholic, Frosted Over, Chip on Your Shoulder, Sprinkled with Love, Gimme Some Suga', and Icing Backup.



Milani is another brand that's been quiet recently; they're back with Textured Creams, a six piece limited edition collection. Left to right: Tainted in Red, Spoiled in Fuchsia, Aqua Splash, Yellow Mark, Purple Streak, and Shady Gray.



Sinful Colors has not been quiet. Because of the long gap between display posts, I wasn't able to share their Valentine's offering, Kiss & Tell, in a timely manner. I did just this week see one of these still out at a Walgreens, so it might not be completely irrelevant. Colors here: Snow Me White, Gogo Girl, Truth or Dare, Sugar Sugar, Georgio, Tantalize, Queen of Beauty, and Black on Black. I believe all of these except Tantalize and Truth or Dare are repromotes.



The Matte Effects display from Sinful Colors has several slots for a matte top coat plus four colors: Ardoise (Night Magic), Black on Black (2 slots), Mesmerize, and Midnight Blue.



The Almost Famous collection is eight limited edition glitters: Bombshell, Fantasy, Star Dust, Lush Life, After Party, Poparazzi, In the Spotlight, and Show Stopping.



Almost Famous is at Walgreens; at Rite Aid, the same polishes are in a display called Paparazzi.



Walgreens also has Sugar Rush from Sinful. I'm still not 100% sure what colors this display is supposed to have in it, as each time I run across it, there's some variation. Here's the one I found with the most new colors in it; left to right: Unicorn, Cotton Candy, Sweet Tooth, Sweet Nothing, Sugar n Spice, Sugar Rush, Orange Cream, Candy Coated. Unicorn is a re-promote; the others seem new.



Some Meijer stores have a Break Away display from Sinful. Left to right: Fly Away, Open Seas, Hey You, Anemone, Island Coral, Folly, Over It, and Daredevil.



Lastly in the Sinful category, Green Ocean spotting is a pre-St. Patrick's Day tradition now, and this year, it's the Go Green display delivers. One of my Walgreens had it displayed on an end cap with Irish Spring soap—very festive. There's been some variation in the greens I've seen in this display at different stores; this one has Green Ocean, Call You Later, Exotic Green, Innocent, Mint Apple, and Irish Green.



Let's move on from the drug and big box stores now to head to Sally Beauty. I don't usually take photos of the Sally Girl special displays because they're right on the counter by the cash register, but earlier this week the sales associate had to step away while ringing me up, so I snapped this quick shot of the bright polishes and loose glitter.



The latest Finger Paints collection is called Wild About Spring. It's three shimmers and three shredded glitters; if you buy two, you can get one of the jeweled rings for free. I tried a few of the rings on but ended up not getting any because they were a lot heavier than what I'm used to wearing (and some have moving pieces, which I think would make for even more distraction while trying to type away at my keyboard). Colors are: I Spy-Der (warm pink shimmer), Itsy Bitsy Spider (light purple shimmer), Hoppy Go Lucky (turquoise shimmer), Fishin' for Fun (pink glitter), Are You Hoppy? (light purple glitter), and Owlin' at the Moon (lime glitter).



My Sally also had the Orly spring collection, Hope & Freedom Fest. Six colors here, in the new bottles: Boho Bonnet, Elation Generation, Melodious Utopia, Peaceful Opposition, High on Hope, and Coachella Dweller.



Sally stores have been the first to get China Glaze Avant Garden around here. I didn't make my rounds early enough to ever see a full display with all twelve colors. Just as well, maybe, since that large a collection makes so tired I don't even want to type out all the names.



Sally and Ulta both have China Glaze Glitz Bitz 'n' Pieces, a collection of six glitters, all featuring black bar glitter. Shades are: Bling it On (purple), Glitz 'n' Pieces (silver), Graffiti Glitter (green), Mosaic Madness (blue), Razzle Me Dazzle Me (rose), Scattered & Tattered (red).



Let's finish up our tour at Ulta. They had Butter London spring, Sweetie Shop, featured on the top of the display space.



Ulta also had Zoya Lovely and Pixie Dust.





OPI Euro Centrale has been front and center at Ulta for a few weeks. They're $9 a bottle now.



Back in the stacks, so to speak, I saw that my Ulta is now stocking Deborah Lippmann. That'll make it convenient to blow my budget on an even more regular basis.



That's enough shopping for one day, I think. Did you see anything you like?

24 comments:

  1. I can not believe how cheap some of those polishes are over there! -jealous-

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so many awesome polishes, so many I want, how do you resist ?! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nail Loopy, unfortunately too often I don't resist them. :)

      Delete
  3. Oooooh so many sweet pastels - love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loooove your display posts!!! Please keep them coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beauties!! I'm still on the hunt for the Sugar Rush polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my eye on the Sally Hansen LE collection. Hopefully I'll be able to find it. I also like the China Glaze Avante Garden collection but since the closest Sally's is now closed, I'm hoping this new store called Peninsula Beauty will carry these new collections since they have the regular stuff. I'm not the fence about those Zoya Pixies though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw lots that I'd like to get my hands on. Shopping where you live would be like being in heaven for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wished that we had all these brands. If they are available here, it's in a webshop and almost 2 times more expensive

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I wish they'd sell Color Club here in Germany. The Halo-Hues look lovely! Thank you for wetting my appetite, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beauties! ^_^
    I like previous Orly bottles more than new ones

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm drooling over these displays! I really want to shop in the US, great prices! I'm very much liking the Naked Tips idea, reminds me of looking for your foundation shade

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG OMG OMG!!! So excited Ulta has the Sweetie Shop colors! :D They'll be $9 on the 15th and now I know what I'm getting!! *happy dance* Also, I think Revlon chose the square to really accentuate the double-colors. Which is a shame because sometimes those colors only show on a sharp corner and my nails just don't make that shape. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy, good point on the square bottles--I hadn't thought of that. When Revlon did duos back in the day, they came in the same shape as core line so I was surprised these didn't.

      Delete
  13. Whoa, that was a lot to watch (for my poor EU nailaholic eyes)!
    First of all I'm still in love with magnetics so yay for Sally's limited edition (I'm still missing the fishnet pattern)...
    I would be curious to see the Revlon chromes/duochromes, I love this finish but I think that now every "new shade" is an "old shade" from some other brand (and again a Peridot-like polish) and...Sinful Colors is so confusing, so many collections (and repromotes). Luckily (!) here we have just one rack :-( (still I managed to buy the same shade twice :-P).
    Last but not least: kudos for the quick shot at the counter :) I hate when displays are so close to the SA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those Wet n Wild ones are neat! Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I get so excited when I see your display posts come up in my reader. Thanks for all the great info.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many beautiful shades... OK, I take all of Sally Hansen and Zoya Pixie Dust... :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have not had time to shop the last two weeks, so this is an awesome post! Wow, DL is now at Ulta... bad for my wallet too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been trying to see if I can buy Studio M's "Spring Fling" of the Hop into Sprig collection, on-line. I didn't seem to find anything. I was wondering, Karen, if you have any ideas. I'm in California, but thought I might look at the website for the Meijer from which you reference, but did not find any polish there. Do you have any other ideas . . . is there a parent company to find them listed under ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri, as far as I know, Studio M is not sold online. :( The brand is made by Forsythe Cosmetics, who also makes Color Club and Funky Fingers. I believe Spring Fling is the same as Funky Fingers Mermaid Lagoon, and I did see that listed on eBay when I looked just now. I don't know of a Color Club dupe for it, but there may very well be one. I'd offer to grab a Spring Fling for you but last few times I've run across the display it's been sold out.

      Delete
  19. I love seeing these posts :) It's like window shopping from home. I'm interested in the Milani textured polishes...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.