Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Butterfly and Other Awards

Yet again, I've seriously procrastinated on awards and tags that people have thoughtfully bestowed on me, so settle in for a big catching up entry.

Opinionated Little Finger, Eat.Sleep.Polish, and Paint That Nail all gave me the Butterfly Award. Nailderella and Paint That Nail bestowed upon me the One Lovely Blog, Stylish Blogger, Versatile Blogger, and Kreativ Blogger awards. Laura's Lacquers gave me the Sunshine Award. I was tagged for the Google Game by Sara, who also awarded me the Sunshine and Best Blog badges. Red Hair and Black Lipgloss tagged me for the "where do you store your cosmetics" meme. I got the Sunshine and One Lovely Blog awards from Polish Amor.

(Whew, I told you'd I'd done a good job of procrastinating.) Thanks so much, ladies, for thinking of me!

Because I'm so far behind, in the interests of actually getting this entry done, I'm just going to pass along the Butterfly Award.




The rules:
1. Link back to the person who awarded this award to you.
2. Answer the following questions.
3. Award to other blogs and let them know.

(I admit I changed the rules a bit.)


Questions:

What's your favorite color? Purple.

What's your favorite song? It changes often, but right now it's the a cappella version of Bad Romance done by On the Rocks.

What's your favorite dessert? I have yet to meet a dessert I do not like. If I have to choose one, peach blackberry pie with a crumb topping works.

What is pissing you off? Politics.

When you’re upset, what do you do? Depends on the type of upset. I might cry, or I might feel very, very tempted to break things.

Who's your favorite pet? My favorites ever were sister guinea pigs we named Katja and Bonnie. Their adventurous spirits meant they had to be watched closely whenever let out of the cage to play or they'd end up places one wouldn't think a guinea pig would or could go (like up an entire flight of stairs when they were just babies and the each stair was twice as tall as they were).

Black or white? Both, and the shades of grey in between.

What's your biggest fear? Running out of time to do all the things I want to accomplish in life.

What's your best feature? My nose.

What's your everyday attitude? Hope for the best.

What is perfection? Something I will never achieve, and I'm okay with that.

What's your guilty pleasure? I aim to not feel guilty about my pleasures, but that said, junk tv viewing is something I'm not especially proud to admit to.

I'm giving the Butterfly Award to these blogs that I enjoy:

Polish Pauper shares well-chosen photos of polishes that usually make me nod my head and say "yeah, I'd wear that". She also has a weekly feature where she links to entries of note on other beauty blogs (an idea I'm considering copying).

Varnish Me posts lots of photos in different lights, and now she's in Australia until November so has access to brands I can only drool over.

Painting with Polish has cute short nails, and I enjoy the bottle shots she usually puts in her entries since the backgrounds give me a peek into what else is on her table that day (okay, I admit I'm a bit nosy).

AccroPolish is a charming blog from Swiss sisters (who happily for me write in English).

Lindsey's Lacquer posts swatches and comparisons and sometimes garden photos, which lets me live vicariously since it's been ages since I planted anything in my yard.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Karen, you make me blush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, thank you! you're so sweet to think of me and my humble little blog! I really appreciate you reading my silly little posts let alone anything else. you're a gem! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! These are well deserved!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.