Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fun with Frankens: Layering

Back when I posted my Not Yet Spring franken, The Manicured Monkey suggested trying it over a dark polish to bring out the shimmer. That sounded like a great idea, so I put it in my swatching queue. When it got to the top of the list, I decided to try several different base colors as long as I was experimenting.


Top to bottom: China Glaze Starboard, Orly Royal Navy, Revlon Top Speed Sugar Plum, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Pat on the Black (all two coats).


Here's what four coats of the franken looked like on its own:



When I layered one coat of the franken over the base colors, here's what resulted:





Then I added a second coat of the franken:





I like it best over Sugar Plum. Or maybe Royal Navy. I can't decide; what do you think?

13 comments:

  1. This top coat is amazing! It looks like a fog machine effect on the nails! I love the sugar plum especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with ShaGlam. It does look like something from a fog machine! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like it best over Royal Navy, but maybe that's just because i have a blue fetish. But it's cool! I love layering polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer it on the Sugar Plum . This franken gives the nails a sort of smoky effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! i think I like royal navy best as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh!!! I like Revlon Top Speed Sugar Plum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats so cool the top coat you have, makes a really nice effect, I think it does look nicest over the plum colour:)

    Also on another note that gosh polish from my blog is called blue monday, and that nyc polish you have is exactly like mine!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its amazing how the polish changes with the layering over the base coat! Liking Sugar Plum best, but they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I like it with two coats over all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh what a pretty effect! I love it over all of them especially royal navy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great over those colours. Really love it over sugar plum :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.