Monday, June 6, 2011

Recent NOTD: Misa Hot Couture Plus Nubar Opulent Pearl

Not too long ago, I did a(nother) swap with mrsrexy, and one of the surprises she included was Misa Hot Couture. I couldn't resist trying it first even though it arrived with a number of more conventionally beautiful nail polishes. Something about colors that are slightly odd like this just draws me in. Hot Couture is a mustard yellow creme, which doesn't seem like a good idea on someone with my complexion, but somehow this shade of mustard doesn't clash like Barielle Aura Angora did. In fact, in the light in the room where I did this mani, it blended into my skintone so well that I missed a horrifying number of areas when doing cleanup, so I apologize for the mess in some of today's photos. (Why I didn't notice it once I got my hands into better light, I cannot say. If this starts to be a trend, I'll worry about it then.)

Here's three coats of Hot Couture, unadorned:





I wanted to try another of the pretties in the package, so I added two coats of Nubar Opulent Pearl on top (plus top coat on top of that). Opulent Pearl is red, blue, and green flakies in a pearlescent base. Here how it looked in indirect indoor light:







And in indirect outdoor light the next day (by which time I'd done some more cleanup but still managed to miss some spots):



I liked looking at this when I wore it even though I never quite decided if it looked good on me. (In that, it's the yellowish version of Gray Suede, which I still go back and forth on.)

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow I was looking up swatches of Nubar Opulent Pearl just a few hours ago! I think I'm going to get it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayayay flakies ! The color was gorgeous by itself though .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you love Couture. I ADORE it. It absolutely suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does Opulent Pearl compare to 2010? I'm not sure I can tell enough to get them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you like the uniqueness of the Misa! It looks good with Opulent Pearl on top...a combo I never would have thought of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the colour transformed when you used Opulent Pearl on it! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it with the flakies, such an unusual colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful! I need both of these in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, ladies!

    crazyjkix, I don't have 2010, but Beautyburg did a comp. I'd say they're different enough to have both (I have SH Hidden Treasure so passed on 2010).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the link! I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got Opulent Pearl by mistake in an order but kept it. Glad I did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.